Sunday, August 27, 2006

Saturday was a challenging day

It started out good because I knew I would need the points for some of the get together's we were scheduled to be at. Breakfast was only 3 points for the nutty nuggets and FF yogurt, which brought me to 19. I had wanted to go running, but it would seem that I forget my shoes at work. Oh well, I had chores to take care of so it wasn't that big of a deal.

The lunch was going to be tough, but I think I made the right choices. I had 2 pieces of corn on the cob, 2 points. 1 beer, 2 points. Three ribs, which is what a serving is designed to be, for 6 points. So far, I'm down to 9 points. Wow, and I'm not even done yet. Here's what did it for me, my cousin's bleu cheese potato salad. Man, that was so good, I must have had a cup of it. Which I could surmise is either 1 or 2 servings. Since the recipe calls for 10-12 servings, without measurement, I'd have to say that it was 1 serving. That's 6 points. Then of course there was cake. It was this yummy chocolate with mint chocolate frosting. Too good, I think my points were wiped for the day, and I didn't even have dinner.

Beer - 2 points
2 corns - 2 points
3 ribs - 6 points
1 cup potato salad - 6 points
1 3in square of cake - 6 points

I had to dip 3 points into flex. That leaves me with 25 and it's not looking good. I know that because I writing this blog on Sunday and I know what I did last night.

For dinner, I didn't eat anything since I was still full from late lunch, be we fed the boys then I was off to my Fantasy Football draft. I positioned myself away from the food, and got a diet pepsi. Now, I also wedged myself into the corner, which made getting up more difficult so I couldn't just waltz over and take some chex-mix or chips or whatever. But then, to my dismay, my best friend took a whole pizza and put it down between us. I was doing pretty good, trying to fill up on Diet Pepsi so I wouldn't be hungry for pizza. However, before I knew it, three pieces were eaten and down in my belly. Damn.

Well, at least I didn't compound the situation by having beer. I had no beer, and for me that is a huge win. I have to take the wins where I can get them. Well, I am pretty sure that the pizza wiped out my flex for the week. Thankfully, the week is almost over. But on Sunday (today) I have another family outing and I have to be really strict with that. The saving grace there is it's a salmon cook, so everything should be pretty good for us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home