Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Silent Partner Speaks Up

This is Brian's wife taking control of his blog for a moment.

Brian's weight loss and enthusiasm for helping others is truly amazing. His weight loss story could even be considered inspiring. While he was loosing weight I don't recall a single week in which he gained. I think a big part of his success (and pardon me while I toot my own horn here) was and continues to be my support. After he brought home his Week One materials we transformed the contents of our kitchen. If I remember correctly a few weeks into his program we emptied out any point expensive food item that was unopened and the local food pantry got a donation. Everything in the fridge, freezer and cupboard was clearly labeled as too how many points it was. Sharpie markers, in my opinion, should be included in your Week One materials. Important tool. We started grocery shopping Friday nights because we'd have run of the store and not be in anyone's way as we mulled over the eight different types of spaghetti sauces and four different types of yogurt as we calculated which one to get. Weight Watchers is NOT a diet, it's a life style and whenever there is a change in life style support is necessary for success and a permanent change to take place.

Brian is amazing. Now about 3 1/2 years later he has kept the weight off and is working with people like you to also be successful. Keeping the weight off is not easy, it's ongoing. Remember, it's our life style. So, as I prepare two meals at night; one for the boys who need the extra fat and calories in their diet (but very well balanced of course) and then ours I'm never irritated with the charge of cooking two meals. I'm proud of my husband and everything he has done. However, before you think we are model Weight Watchers citizens there may be a reason he neglected to post anything about last night's dinner.

We stopped at McDonald's. He had a *real* Coke, Spicy *Fried* Chicken Sandwich and fries (which he did share with Ethan). I didn't eat any better with the Quarter Pounder. We may be good 98% of the time, but there is always that weak spot for McDonald's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home