Tuesday, August 22, 2006

New week new points

This was a tough week and I kind of expected to gain, however I didn't. I didn't lose either. My weight stayed the same, 167.6. That was good and nice relief. I still have about 3 lbs to go and this week will be tough as well. But there always seems to be something to put blame on doesn't there?
My breakfast for the day consisted of 110g of FF Yogurt and 32g of Nutty Nuggets for a total of 3 points of breakfast. That will leave me with 19 for the day and a new 35 for the week. Now, on Saturday we're having a long day with a family picnic for lunch, birthday party afterwards and I'll have a fantasy football draft that night. I know I'll need most of my points for that day. I'm going to have to run that day I think. That should help me with the points needed, but I don't know if I'll have time to get a run in, but I'll try. If not, I'll have to enlist the help of my wife for making good choices and keeping me honest. Check out this recipe that should be good with peaches coming into season.

Grilled Cinnamon Peaches



POINTS® Value | 1
Servings | 4
Preparation Time | 5 min
Cooking Time | 8 min
Level of Difficulty | Easy

desserts | Grilling peaches caramelizes them and brings out that 'peach pie filling' flavor. Serve some up as a light post-barbecue dessert.










Ingredients

3 serving butter-flavor cooking spray
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
4 large peach(es), peeled, halved and pitted

Instructions

  1. Off heat, lightly coat grill grate with cooking spray; preheat grill to medium-high heat.

  2. Sprinkle cinnamon evenly over cut sides of peaches; spray each peach half with cooking spray.

  3. Place peaches on grill, cut side down. Grill until browned and slightly softened, about 5 minutes. (For best results, do not move the peaches during grilling; this will ensure the attractive grill marks and keep the peaches from sticking to the grill.)

  4. Turn peaches over and grill on other side for about 3 minutes more; serve warm. Yields 2 peach halves per serving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home