Sunday, September 03, 2006

The weekend (Not Labour day)

Saturday - 22 points 34 flex.

Wow, I know this weekend will be a challenge (after all, as I write this, it's Sunday night), but I'm determined to write it all down regardless. Saturday started out normal as normal can get, I had my standard breakfast of Nutty Nuggets and FF Yogurt. This time however, I upped it to the 48 grams and enjoyed a 4 point breakfast. I told the boys it was ok, since one of them and daddy were going to run it off in a couple of hours.

We got a new (new to us) jogging stroller and I was determined to take a boy jogging with me. And jogging we went 2 hour later. I managed to do my standard 5k while pushing a sleepy little boy in the stroller. We got home just in time to meet mommy and his brother. However, brother Ethan wanted a turn in the stroller too. So I took him in it and did an extra lap walking to cool down. The morning went very well.

48g Nutty Nuggets - 3 points
110 g FF Yogurt - 1 point
5k Run - +4

So as you can see. The morning was a wash. I'm sitting at 22 points and 34 flex. For lunch I made a large salad and threw in some blue cheese for the blue cheese potato salad I was making for the Brewer game later that night. For that and the dressing, it was a four point lunch. Still pretty good from what I can see. Now... the trouble starts. I don't really know how I should write this, so I think it's best to just write everything down and see what the points come out to be. Remember this was bunch eaten was over about an 8 hour period.

6 Redvines (licorice) - 6 points
2 brats - 10 points
1 bun - 2 points (yes i had one with out the bun)
3 beers - 9 points (these weren't lite beers)
Blue Cheese Potato Salad - 3 points (I made this the healthy way and weighed out a server so I would know what it looked like.)
Serving of Tortilla Chips - 3 points (I had a couple but not all at once, this is a best guess)
2 brownies - 10 points
1/2 hot dog 1/2 bun - 4 points
Handful of Crunch N Munch - 3 points

What's the damage? Remember, I had 19 + 34 points, or 53 points to blow. Looks like my handy calculator got me in at 50 points. Wooo hoo, I have 3 flex points left.

Sunday - 22 points 3 flex
Egg McMuffin - 6 points. What? Excuse me, did you just say you had an Egg McMuffin? Why yes I did as a matter of fact. There is a place for fast food in Weight Watchers. I didn't get the meal deal, and I didn't get a hash browns or O.J. or anything. It can be done.

Lunch was simple. Ham slices in a wrap with a bunch of veggies and 2 points worth of blue cheese. Come on, I'm on a blue cheese kick. So, there we go, it's a 4 point breakfast. For the day, it brings me down to 12 points for dinner.

Dinner was a old standard for my wife and I. Eggplant Pitza's, on the grill of course. That concoction (I'll give the recipe out if you want) came to 6 points. Down to 6. What's up? Beers with the boys. I met my friends for a couple of beers and I opted for lite beer and only had two. So, for the beers and ice cream (oh..did I forget to mention that?) I came to zero for the day. Wow...I think I had a pretty good day.

2 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Lindsay Jean said...

Is it bad if you don't meet your points for the day? I was supposed to have 22 and only had 19.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Snowman said...

Yes, if you do it consistantly. Once a week isn't so bad, but don't do it all the time. What many people find out when they start to manage weight is that not only are they not eating enough, they are eating too much of the wrong things. Eat those points, even if you have to have a bowl of yogurt at the end of the day. You don't want to starve yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home